DIY: Pop’n Potato PrintsFebruary 12th, 2013
Let’s get back to basics. Remember in kindergarten when you would make butterflies and heart prints out of a potato? Well, we have been putting the potato back in action! Click on this DIY to find out how you can use a potato to make some pretty sophisticated prints!
- Exacto knife or sharp knife
- textile paint
- Cut out desired shape of fabric. We used a sturdy off white canvas material. Iron Flat.
- Cut potato in half. Make sure you use a very sharp knife so you get a smooth flat side. Carve sides away to get desired shape. Use a paper towel to pat potato dry.
- Put a glob of fabric paint on a plate. Dip your potato in the paint and apply to fabric. Repeat! Make sure you put some sort of paper under your fabric because the paint seeps threw.
- We turned our fabric into pillows but there are limitless possibilities of things you can create!